Subject Leaders should ...
" ... have the right skill set and subject knowledge to carry out their roles
" ... be able to facilitate development of their subject within the school ..."
" ... check both delivery and impact ..."
" ... ensure the delivery meets the school's stated vision ..."
" ... provide leadership ..."
(OFSTED December 2019)
From September 2019 there will be a significant focus on the school curriculum in inspections. Key to that is the role of the Subject / Curriculum Leader. Our new one day course is designed to help Subject Leaders prepare for this revised focus and prepare them for the challenges - and opportunities - this will bring.
The Course Will Cover :
- what leadership looks like in a subject context
- clarifies the role and expectations of subject leaders
- provides a skills audit and needs analysis framework
- explains how to produce an effective action plan
- explains what OFSTED are looking for from this role
- outlines how to deliver feedback effectively
- provides guidance on addressing delivery issues
- giving lesson feedback
- developing professional development tailored to individual needs and wants
- ensuring equity in achievement
- British Values as a strand in subjects
- the revised inspection schedule (key changes)
- what is a quality curriculum ?
- the new judgements
- how are values assessed ?
- how will the changes affect us ?
Participants will not only go away with a deeper understanding of the expectations and revisions, but also take away a set of useful documents and proformas that will (a) improve the subject leaders role and (b) help make your next inspection more successful.
To book your places on this course, click the relevant link below to our online booking system.
Places are priced at £295 per person (plus VAT). If you book by card you will get a 10% discount on your places.
Central London (Wesley Hotel, Euston)
Tuesday 9th July 2019
Central Birmingham (McDonald Hotel)
Wednesday 10th July 2019
Before the 2nd March and Get 10% Off - USE Discount Code